- The information and services available on our site www.vidso.biz (our site) are provided by us as a service and are for the sole use of individuals conducting and participating in video interviews or managing the interview process. For the purpose of data protection laws, (the laws), the data controller (the entity which determines the purposes and means of processing your data) is (i) if you are conducting an interview on behalf of a company or HR Service Provider, the company on whose behalf the interview is conducted; or (ii) if you are participating in an interview with a prospective employer, your prospective employer or the HR Service Provider.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you register with vidso.biz as an interview requesting party, we ask for information such as your name, email address and in some cases your billing address and credit card information.
- In the case that you are participating in a video interview, we will also collect information that you provide by filling in forms and submitting the video interview (the video itself, possible resume uploads and any associated meta data). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site and may include your name, e-mail address and contact information.
- We may also ask you for information if and when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Details of your visits to our site (including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data), the resources that you access and general hardware and software capabilities. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. We use information held about you in the following ways: to allow you to create an account; to provide you with customer and technical services on request; to allow you to access and use of various tools, features and functions of our service; to generate internal reports about the use of our site; to send you informational and promotional materials that you chose to receive via the medium chosen by you; to notify you about changes to our service.
- The information we collect and process may include information regarding your race, political opinions, health, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership or criminal records (sensitive personal data).
Disclosure of your Information
- Access to our site is subject to our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to on it. If you are accessing our site in order to complete and upload a video interview with a Requesting Party, we will provide access to your video interview to this requesting party. In some instances, we will also permit the requesting party to download your interview content (video, audio, resume and associated meta data) onto their systems. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If vidso.biz or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Policy of the Interview Requester
When we may contact you
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the vidso.biz service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the vidso.biz Newsletter, that are considered part of your vidso.biz account.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are required to use the vidso.biz service. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to understand how you use our site, troubleshoot problems, prevent fraud and generally improve our services. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. A cookie is a small file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern, store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests, to recognize you when you return to our site.
- You are required to re-login to your vidso.biz account after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
Storage and Ownership of Collected Data
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Account passwords are encrypted.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. We will notify you as soon as possible if a breach of security results in unauthorized intrusion into our system.
- Although vidso.biz owns the code, databases, and all rights to the vidso.biz application, the Interview Requesting party retain all rights to data collected during their interviews.
vidso.biz is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We will neither rent or sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes nor share your contact information without your consent. We utilize industry standard protocols and technology to secure sensitive information that you provide.
vidso.biz may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.